Registration and Geographic Exception 


Welcome to Enchanted Lake Elementary. To see if you live in our district, please click on the School Finder link below.



If you do not live in our district, but you are interested in your child(ren) attending Enchanted Lake Elementary, you can apply for a Geographic Exception. Click on the link below to download the GE form, or pick up a form from your home (designated school district) school.


The HIDOE now has the option for students who were not enrolled in a HIDOE public school for the 2019-2020 school year to register online for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. In order to utilize the online registration system, you will need to be able to upload all required documents (see list of required documents below) to the online system. If you are not able to upload documents to the online system you will need to register by Walk-In/Mail. To register by Walk-In/Mail please contact the Administration Office at (808)266-7800 to schedule pick up and/or drop off  registration forms and documents.

All children registering for Kindergarten must be five (5) years old by July 31 of the upcoming school year.

When registering your child/applying for a GE please bring the following documents:

Please gather the following documents and forms prior to beginning the enrollment process.  For online registration, you will be required to upload the completed enrollment form and supporting documents (any format accepted, such as PDF, photo, jpeg). 

  1. Completed enrollment form (SIS10w)

  2. Student birth certificate: If the student is from a foreign country, the student’s passport or student visa is acceptable. 

  3. Valid photo ID of parent/guardian (e.g. driver's license, passport, state ID)

  4. Proof of current address: Documentation by the parent or legal guardian that the child resides at an address within the school’s attendance boundary. (Link to our SchoolSite Locator​ to see school district boundaries and explore school locations.) Preferred documentation to establish proof of residence includes the following (at least one required for online registration, however a school may request additional documentation):

    • Rental/lease agreement, mortgage document, or current real property assessment document in the parent/guardian's name. A signed and accepted offer to a lease agreement from the leasing office is acceptable, if the following are included: Parent/legal guardian's name and signature with date of acceptance; residential address; effective date of offer; available unit date; and, deadline to respond date.

    • Utility bill for water, electric, gas or telephone that indicates that the billing is in the parent/guardian’s name and is being sent to the house; and

    • If the parent or legal guardian cannot provide documentation of legal residence because the parent/legal guardian is living with a relative/friend, a notarized statement by the relative/friend can be accepted by the school with the following stipulation: (a) Notarized statement must state that the parent/legal guardian and child are living with the relative/friend; (b) Notarized statement must state the name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence; (c) Notarized statement must state the same address of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence; (d) A copy of the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence must be attached to the notarized statement; and (e) Notarized statement must be signed by same name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence.

  5. ​Other Documents if applicable: 

    • Documents from a previous school: These can include a release packet with a certificate of release (if transferring from another school), an unofficial transcript or latest report card, and for special education students, the Individual Education Plan.  For 504 students, the 504 Plan.

    • Legal documents:

    • Power of Attorney if the child is not living with the parents.

    • Temporary Restraining Order.

    • Guardianship documents.

    • Legal name change.

    • Court orders.

  6. Student health and immunization requirements: Health and Immunization Documents are not required at the time of registration, however they​ must be submitted prior to the child's start date. All children attending school in Hawaii must have a signed and completed Student’s Health Record (Form 14) to document the following:

  • Tuberculosis (TB) clearance: (Requirement suspended through May 31, 2020)

  • Physical Examination: Must be completed within one year before first date of attendance at a preschool or school in Hawai‘i and the first date of attendance in the 7th grade.

  • Immunizations: Required immunizations depend on the age and/or grade of the student. Beginning July 1, 2020, additional immunizations are required for students entering preschool, kindergarten, 7th grade, and all students entering school in Hawaii for the first time, regardless of age. Children may be exempt from immunization requirements for medical or religious reasons.

  • Medications: If your child requires emergency rescue medications or other daily/routine prescribed medications, please fill out this form and take it to the school.


A student who does not have documentation of all the required immunizations or a physical examination may be allowed provisional entry with verification of an upcoming medical appointment.

If a child is experiencing unstable housing (per the McKinney-Vento Act) or is an undocumented immigrant, refugee, or seeking asylum (as established by Plyer v. Doe), he/she may enroll and attend class while a school arranges for the transfer of health records or while a Community Homeless Concerns Liaison assists the student in meeting health requirements.


Falsification of documents submitted is subject to penalty under Hawaii Revised Statutes 710-1063, resulting in the child being sent back to the school where he/she should properly be attending. The Department may pursue prosecution at its discretion.

Families experiencing unstable housing are covered by enrollment guidelines provided in the McKinney-Vento Act.  Please contact a community liaison in your area.​​


If you are interested in finding out more information regarding registration please call our Administration Office at 808-266-7800.